‘Not opposition, UPA itself raised snap poll issue
Hyderabad: Accusing the UPA government of
failing on all fronts, BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said
the talk of mid-term polls has been raised by the ruling
combination itself and not by the opposition.
"This (UPA) government is losing confidence of the
nation, certainly the Opposition and of course the allies
too...because the leadership has too many power centres. The
Congress party has violated the coalition `dharma` while
breaking the trust of allies," the former BJP president told
Claiming that all was not well with the UPA government,
Venkaiah said the recent developments have shown that this
government has failed on all fronts and pointed out that a
minister from Uttarakhand had put down his papers, while
Railway Minister`s (Dinesh Trivedi) resignation is being
"The ruling party members create disturbance in
Parliament and the foundation of this government is being
shaken brick by brick. The talk of mid-term poll has not come
from the opposition but the ruling combination itself," he
said, adding that the saffron party was not seeking the snap
polls though it was ready to face it.
The BJP leader also termed the Union Budget as "anti-poor,
inflationary and anti-farmer which will only fuel price rise
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble