‘Not opposition, UPA itself raised snap poll issue
Hyderabad: Accusing the UPA government of
failing on all fronts, BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said
the talk of mid-term polls has been raised by the ruling
combination itself and not by the opposition.
"This (UPA) government is losing confidence of the
nation, certainly the Opposition and of course the allies
too...because the leadership has too many power centres. The
Congress party has violated the coalition `dharma` while
breaking the trust of allies," the former BJP president told
Claiming that all was not well with the UPA government,
Venkaiah said the recent developments have shown that this
government has failed on all fronts and pointed out that a
minister from Uttarakhand had put down his papers, while
Railway Minister`s (Dinesh Trivedi) resignation is being
"The ruling party members create disturbance in
Parliament and the foundation of this government is being
shaken brick by brick. The talk of mid-term poll has not come
from the opposition but the ruling combination itself," he
said, adding that the saffron party was not seeking the snap
polls though it was ready to face it.
The BJP leader also termed the Union Budget as "anti-poor,
inflationary and anti-farmer which will only fuel price rise
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray