Police beef up security ahead of Andhra Budget Session
Hyderabad: Tight security measures are being put in place for the Budget Session of Andhra Pradesh Assembly beginning on March 13, in the backdrop of the twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar here last month.
"Central paramilitary forces are being deployed for security duties in and around the legislature premises apart from Andhra Pradesh Police", said city Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma.
As part of measures, additional CCTV cameras are being installed to keep a close watch on movement of every person in the Legislative Council and the Legislative Assembly, he said.
Meanwhile, Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar reviewed the security arrangements at a high-level meeting held here on Saturday.
He directed police to ensure foolproof security to all legislators and also in and around the Legislature premises.
Police are on high alert in the wake of the twin blasts and in anticipation of trouble from Telangana protagonists.
Apart from the city police, additional personnel from districts and other units would also be deployed for bandobust duty.
No ordinary visitor will be allowed into the Assembly or the Council during the session, Legislature sources said.
The Budget Session of the Legislature will be held in two phases beginning March 13 with the state Budget for 2013-14 scheduled to be presented on March 18.
The Assembly will take a three-week break from the end of this month to enable the department-related Standing Committees, being constituted for the first time, to consider the budget proposals and come up with necessary suggestions.
In all, 12 Standing Committees are being formed with members of both the Council and the Assembly.
After the recess, the session will reconvene in the third week of April and end in the first week of May, according to a tentative schedule prepared by the government.
The Business Advisory Committee of the House, meeting on March 13, will fix the exact dates of the Budget Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next