Police beef up security ahead of Andhra Budget Session
Hyderabad: Tight security measures are being put in place for the Budget Session of Andhra Pradesh Assembly beginning on March 13, in the backdrop of the twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar here last month.
"Central paramilitary forces are being deployed for security duties in and around the legislature premises apart from Andhra Pradesh Police", said city Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma.
As part of measures, additional CCTV cameras are being installed to keep a close watch on movement of every person in the Legislative Council and the Legislative Assembly, he said.
Meanwhile, Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar reviewed the security arrangements at a high-level meeting held here on Saturday.
He directed police to ensure foolproof security to all legislators and also in and around the Legislature premises.
Police are on high alert in the wake of the twin blasts and in anticipation of trouble from Telangana protagonists.
Apart from the city police, additional personnel from districts and other units would also be deployed for bandobust duty.
No ordinary visitor will be allowed into the Assembly or the Council during the session, Legislature sources said.
The Budget Session of the Legislature will be held in two phases beginning March 13 with the state Budget for 2013-14 scheduled to be presented on March 18.
The Assembly will take a three-week break from the end of this month to enable the department-related Standing Committees, being constituted for the first time, to consider the budget proposals and come up with necessary suggestions.
In all, 12 Standing Committees are being formed with members of both the Council and the Assembly.
After the recess, the session will reconvene in the third week of April and end in the first week of May, according to a tentative schedule prepared by the government.
The Business Advisory Committee of the House, meeting on March 13, will fix the exact dates of the Budget Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title