RS poll: Chiranjeevi has Rs 74cr assets
Hyderabad: Congress` Rapolu Ananda Bhaskar
has assets worth Rs 7 lakh, in stark contrast to crores of
rupees declared by five other candidates, including
actor-politician K Chiranjeevi, who filed nomination for
elections to Rajya Sabha from Andhra Pradesh on Monday.
A post-graduate in psychology, Bhaskar started his career
as a journalist and later joined the Congress. He has 600 sq
yards of ancestral land in his native Chennuru village valued
at Rs 6 lakh and an old house worth Rs 50,000, as per the
affidavit filed by him.
Besides, he has insurance bonds worth Rs 50,000. Bhaskar
holds Rs 30,000 in cash and his wife another Rs 2,000. He has
an old two-wheeler, registered in his spouse`s name. Bhaskar
has no liabilities, it said.
Chiranjeevi, former Union Minister Renuka Choudary, Palvai
Govardhan Reddy (all Congress) and TDP candidates C M Ramesh
and T Devender Goud also filed their nominations.
Ramesh, a close aide of TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu,
declared assets totalling Rs 149 crore, making him the richest
in the current lot of six nominees. He also holds 5.5kg gold.
Chiranjeevi`s assets total about Rs 74 crore, with Rs
58 crore in his wife`s name alone. He also has 14 kgs of gold
Choudary declared immovable assets worth Rs 24.33 crore in
her name and Rs 31.68 crore in her husband`s name. The couple
also has movable assets totalling Rs 11 crore. Goud, a former
state Home Minister, has assets worth Rs 35.5 crore in his
wife`s name and Rs 70.99 lakh in his name besides two kgs of
Reddy, another former Minister, declared assets worth
Rs 1.72 crore in his name and another Rs 60 lakh in his wife`s
name, according to the affidavits filed with Returning Officer
and Legislature Secretary S Raja Sadaram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'