Seven officials arrested for graft by Anti-Corruption Bureau in AP
Hyderabad: Seven officials including a tehsildar, two police officials and another citizen were arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Tuesday in separate graft cases reported in Adilabad and Mahabubnagar districts.
ACB officials trapped A Rajeshwar, tehsildar of Gudihatnur mandal in Adilabad district and K Yadav Rao, a village revenue officer, when they demanded and accepted an amount of Rs 40,000 as a bribe from a complainant for doing an official favour, an ACB release said here.
The duo were arrested by ACB officials after recovery of the bribe amount.
In another case, A Kiran Kumar, sub-inspector of police, attached to Neredigonda police station in Adilabad was caught red-handed by ACB officials late last night when he demanded Rs 11,000 as bribe from a complainant and directed him to hand over the same for safe custody to C Satish Reddy, a home guard, for doing an official favour.
In turn, Satish Reddy handed over the bribe amount to a driver Shaik Nayeem. The trio were arrested after recovery of the bribe amount from them, the release said.
In yet another case, G Sudhakar, sub-engineer of the Central Power Distribution Company of Andhra Pradesh Ltd`s (APCPDCL) Bijinepally Section in Mahabubnagar district and a lineman K Surendrachary were caught red handed by the ACB officials late last night when they demanded and accepted Rs 15,000 as a bribe from the complainant for an official favour, the ACB release added.
Both of them were arrested. All the three cases are being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US