Seven officials arrested for graft by Anti-Corruption Bureau in AP
Hyderabad: Seven officials including a tehsildar, two police officials and another citizen were arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Tuesday in separate graft cases reported in Adilabad and Mahabubnagar districts.
ACB officials trapped A Rajeshwar, tehsildar of Gudihatnur mandal in Adilabad district and K Yadav Rao, a village revenue officer, when they demanded and accepted an amount of Rs 40,000 as a bribe from a complainant for doing an official favour, an ACB release said here.
The duo were arrested by ACB officials after recovery of the bribe amount.
In another case, A Kiran Kumar, sub-inspector of police, attached to Neredigonda police station in Adilabad was caught red-handed by ACB officials late last night when he demanded Rs 11,000 as bribe from a complainant and directed him to hand over the same for safe custody to C Satish Reddy, a home guard, for doing an official favour.
In turn, Satish Reddy handed over the bribe amount to a driver Shaik Nayeem. The trio were arrested after recovery of the bribe amount from them, the release said.
In yet another case, G Sudhakar, sub-engineer of the Central Power Distribution Company of Andhra Pradesh Ltd`s (APCPDCL) Bijinepally Section in Mahabubnagar district and a lineman K Surendrachary were caught red handed by the ACB officials late last night when they demanded and accepted Rs 15,000 as a bribe from the complainant for an official favour, the ACB release added.
Both of them were arrested. All the three cases are being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH