Teenager gang-raped in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar: A 18-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two persons near Ramagundam railway station, nearly 70 kms from here, police said on Friday.
The incident took place last night when the victim got down at the station and was offered a drop to her destination – Peddapally – by both the accused, they said.
According to Godavarikhani Deputy Superintendent of Police, G Udaykumar Reddy, accused Sameer (21) befriended the girl at the station and later called his friend Sura Raju (23) from Ramagundam following which they sexually assaulted her.
The teenager from Mancherial in Adilabad district had boarded the Patna Express at Secunderabad yesterday.
Following a complaint with the Railway police at Ramagundam, police arrested the duo and registered a case under the IPC, the Dy SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth