Teenager gang-raped in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar: A 18-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two persons near Ramagundam railway station, nearly 70 kms from here, police said on Friday.
The incident took place last night when the victim got down at the station and was offered a drop to her destination – Peddapally – by both the accused, they said.
According to Godavarikhani Deputy Superintendent of Police, G Udaykumar Reddy, accused Sameer (21) befriended the girl at the station and later called his friend Sura Raju (23) from Ramagundam following which they sexually assaulted her.
The teenager from Mancherial in Adilabad district had boarded the Patna Express at Secunderabad yesterday.
Following a complaint with the Railway police at Ramagundam, police arrested the duo and registered a case under the IPC, the Dy SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?