Teenager gang-raped in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar: A 18-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two persons near Ramagundam railway station, nearly 70 kms from here, police said on Friday.
The incident took place last night when the victim got down at the station and was offered a drop to her destination – Peddapally – by both the accused, they said.
According to Godavarikhani Deputy Superintendent of Police, G Udaykumar Reddy, accused Sameer (21) befriended the girl at the station and later called his friend Sura Raju (23) from Ramagundam following which they sexually assaulted her.
The teenager from Mancherial in Adilabad district had boarded the Patna Express at Secunderabad yesterday.
Following a complaint with the Railway police at Ramagundam, police arrested the duo and registered a case under the IPC, the Dy SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video