Teenager gang-raped in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar: A 18-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two persons near Ramagundam railway station, nearly 70 kms from here, police said on Friday.
The incident took place last night when the victim got down at the station and was offered a drop to her destination – Peddapally – by both the accused, they said.
According to Godavarikhani Deputy Superintendent of Police, G Udaykumar Reddy, accused Sameer (21) befriended the girl at the station and later called his friend Sura Raju (23) from Ramagundam following which they sexually assaulted her.
The teenager from Mancherial in Adilabad district had boarded the Patna Express at Secunderabad yesterday.
Following a complaint with the Railway police at Ramagundam, police arrested the duo and registered a case under the IPC, the Dy SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan