Tewari asks AP leaders to have patience on Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday appealed the leaders in Andhra Pradesh to "observe forbearance" as the Congress high command will come out with a decision on Telangana issue soon.
The statement from Tewari, who landed here this afternoon, came state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana left for New Delhi today to discuss the Telangana statehood issue with the party high command.
"The Congress high command is seriously trying to resolve the Telangana issue. It will come out with a decision on this soon. I request leaders from Telangana and Andhra-Rayalaseema regions to observe patience," Tewari, who is Union Information and Broadcasting Minister and official spokesman of AICC, told reporters at the Hyderabad International Airport.
"We understand the sensibilities... Understand the sentiments (of Telangana people). But there is a need for everybody to be patient. There is need for forbearance," Tewari said.
He added that the Union Home Ministry was engaged in the process of making a statement on the statehood issue.
Meanwhile, Botsa`s visit to New Delhi today is a follow-up to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy`s trip to the national capital last week as part of the "consultation process" initiated by the AICC leadership on the statehood issue.
Like the Chief Minister, the PCC chief is also expected to meet Union ministers and top leaders of AICC, including Sonia Gandhi and discuss the political repercussions of any decision on the state bifurcation demand, sources close to Botsa said.
He is expected to submit a report to the party high command on the "positives and negatives" for the ruling Congress arising out of the decision on the contentious issue, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read