Tewari asks AP leaders to have patience on Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday appealed the leaders in Andhra Pradesh to "observe forbearance" as the Congress high command will come out with a decision on Telangana issue soon.
The statement from Tewari, who landed here this afternoon, came state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana left for New Delhi today to discuss the Telangana statehood issue with the party high command.
"The Congress high command is seriously trying to resolve the Telangana issue. It will come out with a decision on this soon. I request leaders from Telangana and Andhra-Rayalaseema regions to observe patience," Tewari, who is Union Information and Broadcasting Minister and official spokesman of AICC, told reporters at the Hyderabad International Airport.
"We understand the sensibilities... Understand the sentiments (of Telangana people). But there is a need for everybody to be patient. There is need for forbearance," Tewari said.
He added that the Union Home Ministry was engaged in the process of making a statement on the statehood issue.
Meanwhile, Botsa`s visit to New Delhi today is a follow-up to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy`s trip to the national capital last week as part of the "consultation process" initiated by the AICC leadership on the statehood issue.
Like the Chief Minister, the PCC chief is also expected to meet Union ministers and top leaders of AICC, including Sonia Gandhi and discuss the political repercussions of any decision on the state bifurcation demand, sources close to Botsa said.
He is expected to submit a report to the party high command on the "positives and negatives" for the ruling Congress arising out of the decision on the contentious issue, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan