Top CBI official escapes unhurt in a road mishap
Hyderabad: CBI Joint Director (Hyderabad Zone) VV Lakshmi Narayana on Wednesday escaped unhurt in a mishap on a `ghat road` (mountain pass) in Mahabubnagar district.
Lakshmi Narayana was going to a village near Srisailam in Kurnool district to attend a programme in a school when his vehicle hit a tree near Domalpenta checkpost under Egalpenta police station limit, a senior police officer said.
His vehicle was damaged partially in the mishap. Later, he left in another vehicle along with his driver to Srisailam, the police officer said.
"Due to god`s grace I escaped unhurt and I am safe. It was Lord Mallikarjuna`s blessing that I am here to participate in the function," he told reporters after reaching the school of which he was an alumni.
Lakshmi Narayana has been supervising high profile cases involving YSR Congress president and Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy, former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and the Emaar scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city