Top CBI official escapes unhurt in a road mishap
Hyderabad: CBI Joint Director (Hyderabad Zone) VV Lakshmi Narayana on Wednesday escaped unhurt in a mishap on a `ghat road` (mountain pass) in Mahabubnagar district.
Lakshmi Narayana was going to a village near Srisailam in Kurnool district to attend a programme in a school when his vehicle hit a tree near Domalpenta checkpost under Egalpenta police station limit, a senior police officer said.
His vehicle was damaged partially in the mishap. Later, he left in another vehicle along with his driver to Srisailam, the police officer said.
"Due to god`s grace I escaped unhurt and I am safe. It was Lord Mallikarjuna`s blessing that I am here to participate in the function," he told reporters after reaching the school of which he was an alumni.
Lakshmi Narayana has been supervising high profile cases involving YSR Congress president and Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy, former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and the Emaar scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan