Top CBI official escapes unhurt in a road mishap
Hyderabad: CBI Joint Director (Hyderabad Zone) VV Lakshmi Narayana on Wednesday escaped unhurt in a mishap on a `ghat road` (mountain pass) in Mahabubnagar district.
Lakshmi Narayana was going to a village near Srisailam in Kurnool district to attend a programme in a school when his vehicle hit a tree near Domalpenta checkpost under Egalpenta police station limit, a senior police officer said.
His vehicle was damaged partially in the mishap. Later, he left in another vehicle along with his driver to Srisailam, the police officer said.
"Due to god`s grace I escaped unhurt and I am safe. It was Lord Mallikarjuna`s blessing that I am here to participate in the function," he told reporters after reaching the school of which he was an alumni.
Lakshmi Narayana has been supervising high profile cases involving YSR Congress president and Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy, former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and the Emaar scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out