Top CBI official escapes unhurt in a road mishap
Hyderabad: CBI Joint Director (Hyderabad Zone) VV Lakshmi Narayana on Wednesday escaped unhurt in a mishap on a `ghat road` (mountain pass) in Mahabubnagar district.
Lakshmi Narayana was going to a village near Srisailam in Kurnool district to attend a programme in a school when his vehicle hit a tree near Domalpenta checkpost under Egalpenta police station limit, a senior police officer said.
His vehicle was damaged partially in the mishap. Later, he left in another vehicle along with his driver to Srisailam, the police officer said.
"Due to god`s grace I escaped unhurt and I am safe. It was Lord Mallikarjuna`s blessing that I am here to participate in the function," he told reporters after reaching the school of which he was an alumni.
Lakshmi Narayana has been supervising high profile cases involving YSR Congress president and Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy, former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and the Emaar scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster