Tribal friendly policing to get priority: Police official
Kakinada: East Godavari Superintendent of Police (SP) K Sivasankara Reddy said that top priority would be accorded for tribal friendly policing so that they would be weaned away from the influence of Maoists.
Tribal welfare activities are part of the strategy to combat the Maoist menace, he said.
Speaking to reporters after taking over charge, he said that he was well aware of the seriousness of the Maoist problem, as he had already worked in Karimnagar and Nalgonda districts as SP before shifting to anti-corruption bureau.
East Godavari district which falls in the Andhra-Orissa border area is vital and the police has been keeping a constant vigil on Maoist movements.
Replying to a query about the sudden rise in ragging, eve-teasing and chain snatching cases in the district, he said that he would come down with a heavy hand on those indulging in ragging. Special police units will be deployed to nab the culprits, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders