Tribal friendly policing to get priority: Police official
Kakinada: East Godavari Superintendent of Police (SP) K Sivasankara Reddy said that top priority would be accorded for tribal friendly policing so that they would be weaned away from the influence of Maoists.
Tribal welfare activities are part of the strategy to combat the Maoist menace, he said.
Speaking to reporters after taking over charge, he said that he was well aware of the seriousness of the Maoist problem, as he had already worked in Karimnagar and Nalgonda districts as SP before shifting to anti-corruption bureau.
East Godavari district which falls in the Andhra-Orissa border area is vital and the police has been keeping a constant vigil on Maoist movements.
Replying to a query about the sudden rise in ragging, eve-teasing and chain snatching cases in the district, he said that he would come down with a heavy hand on those indulging in ragging. Special police units will be deployed to nab the culprits, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'