Tribal friendly policing to get priority: Police official
Kakinada: East Godavari Superintendent of Police (SP) K Sivasankara Reddy said that top priority would be accorded for tribal friendly policing so that they would be weaned away from the influence of Maoists.
Tribal welfare activities are part of the strategy to combat the Maoist menace, he said.
Speaking to reporters after taking over charge, he said that he was well aware of the seriousness of the Maoist problem, as he had already worked in Karimnagar and Nalgonda districts as SP before shifting to anti-corruption bureau.
East Godavari district which falls in the Andhra-Orissa border area is vital and the police has been keeping a constant vigil on Maoist movements.
Replying to a query about the sudden rise in ragging, eve-teasing and chain snatching cases in the district, he said that he would come down with a heavy hand on those indulging in ragging. Special police units will be deployed to nab the culprits, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das