Uma asks SCs, STs to fight for their demands
Hyderabad: Former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh and senior BJP leader Uma Bharati on Saturday called upon members of Scheduled Caste(SC) and Scheduled Tribe(ST) here to continue their fight till their demands are accepted.
Speaking at a camp where about 40 dalit leaders were observing 48-hour hunger strike organised by the state BJP SC/ST Morcha, she also criticised the Andhra government for neglecting the welfare of SCs and STs.
Referring to separate statehood for Telangana region, the BJP leader said the people of the region were eagerly waiting for it and the centre should fulfil their demand.
On the issue of save Ganga campaign, Uma Bharathi said she would soon undertake a yatra and a human chain would be formed from Gangasagar to Gangotri on December 2.
BJP MLA E lakshminarayana, state party vice president Chinta Samba Murthy and 40 other dalit leaders from different districts began the two-day hunger strike today.
Their demands include setting up of SC/ST Commission, increase in SC/ST students scholarships, reservations in private sector jobs and bank loan to eligible SCs and STs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you