Uma asks SCs, STs to fight for their demands
Hyderabad: Former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh and senior BJP leader Uma Bharati on Saturday called upon members of Scheduled Caste(SC) and Scheduled Tribe(ST) here to continue their fight till their demands are accepted.
Speaking at a camp where about 40 dalit leaders were observing 48-hour hunger strike organised by the state BJP SC/ST Morcha, she also criticised the Andhra government for neglecting the welfare of SCs and STs.
Referring to separate statehood for Telangana region, the BJP leader said the people of the region were eagerly waiting for it and the centre should fulfil their demand.
On the issue of save Ganga campaign, Uma Bharathi said she would soon undertake a yatra and a human chain would be formed from Gangasagar to Gangotri on December 2.
BJP MLA E lakshminarayana, state party vice president Chinta Samba Murthy and 40 other dalit leaders from different districts began the two-day hunger strike today.
Their demands include setting up of SC/ST Commission, increase in SC/ST students scholarships, reservations in private sector jobs and bank loan to eligible SCs and STs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?