UPA govt should reveal names involved in coal scam: Yechury
Vijayawada: CPM politburo member Sitaram Yechury said here on Sunday that the UPA government should reveal the names of those involved in the coal scam.
"The government should reveal the names of the people involved in the coalgate scam. The resignation of either Prime Minister Manmohan Singh or Law minister Ashwani Kumar would not serve any purpose unless names of the people involved in it come out," Yechury said.
He was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function organised by the party`s local unit.
He said the government should place all the facts before the Parliament. "The CPM will continue to exert pressure on the government until all the facts are revealed," he said.
When asked on the possibility of Third Front, he said talks were on with like-minded parties and it would take some time to take a final call on it.
The CPM leader, however, ruled out the possibility of mid-term polls.
"The UPA government is now facing a crisis and it is surviving only with the support of the SP and BSP," he said.
Yechury criticised the CBI saying the investigative agency had lost its credibility. "It has become the Congress Bureau of Investigation," he said.
Later, speaking in Guntur he said, "The common man in Andhra Pradesh is disillusioned with the Congress, BJP, TDP and YSR Congress parties. Leaders of TDP, YSR Congress Party and Congress are holding meetings and conducting padayatras only to come to power."
"However, Left parties only strive for the welfare of the people," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional