UPA is abusing constitutional bodies: Venkaiah
Hyderabad: Demanding cancellation of the appointment of Ranjit Sinha as the CBI Director, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu today alleged that UPA government was trying to use the constitutional bodies to gain political mileage.
Speaking to reporters here, Naidu said the manner of Sinha`s appointment, which was made before the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha tabled its report, indicated that government wanted to pre-empt the Committee`s recommendations.
Congress tried to undermine or defame institutions whenever it faced trouble, Naidu said, dubbing Sinha as "yes-man".
"UPA is misusing the institutions to gain political mileage," he said.
He also attacked the government`s justification that it would take time to enact a law to incorporate the Committee`s recommendations.
Naidu reminded that in 2010 UPA government had approved a resolution to create upper house in Tamil Nadu "overnight" and rushed it through the Parliament, and said in the present case it could have adopted the same policy.
On former CAG official R P Singh`s allegations against senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi, Naidu said this was a fresh attempt to malign CAG and Public Accounts Committee by "dirty tricks department" of Congress and the government.
"It is ridiculous on the part of a former CAG official to say that he had no option other than signing the report as ordered by his superior," Naidu said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference