Woman Maoist held in AP, brought to Malkangiri
Malkangiri: A hardcore woman Maoist, allegedly involved in several offences including an attack on Nalco`s bauxite mines, was arrested in Andhra Pradesh and brought to Odisha`s Malkangiri district Tuesday, police said.
Potluri Kanti alias Bhabani alias Kavita (35), was arrested in Guntur district by a special police team from here with the assistance of Andhra Pradesh police yesterday and brought here today, they said.
The woman rebel, active in Maoist cadre since 2005, was involved in the attack on security force camp at R Udaygiri in 2008, said a senior police official associated with anti-Naxal operation.
She was also involved in the attack on aluminium major Nalco`s bauxite mines at Damanjodi in Koraput district in 2009 in which about 10 CISF jawans were killed, he said, adding the woman ultra had played a role in the killing of two persons in a Kalimela tribal village in 2011.
Involved in several other offences including abduction, the woman Naxal was earlier arrested by Andhra police in 2011 and lodged in Vishakhapatnam jail. She was released on May 18, 2013.
After getting information from Andhra police, a special squad of Malkangiri police went to Guntur and arrested her from her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users