Woman Maoist leader, suspected ultra sent to judicial custody
Khammam: A woman Maoist leader and another suspected ultra were remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a court here on Tuesday.
K Mothibai (40) alias Madhavi or Radhakka, south and West Bastar division committee secretary of CPI (Maoist), and Pridhvi and his father Dharmaraju were taken into custody yesterday after a chase near Palvancha in Khammam.
Dharmaraju, who was found to have no Maoist links, has been put under a bond for appearance in future by the police.
Mothibai is the wife of Chandranna, secretary of North Telangana zonal committee of the Maoists. She carried a reward of Rs five lakh on her head.
A native of Adilabad district in Telangana region, Mothibai went underground in 1985. She is said to have worked in the erstwhile People`s War Group and in naxal `dalam` (local committees) in Andhra Pradesh. She later moved to Chhattisgarh, police said.
She was allegedly involved in several incidents of murders, arson among others.
Prudhvi, a student of Hyderabad Central University, allegedly worked in a `dalam` in Khammam district and neighbouring Chhattisgarh, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere