NCW report on Guwahati molestation to be submitted tomorrow
Bundi: A National Commission for Women (NCW) team which visited Guwahati to probe the molestation of a 17-year-old girl will submit its report on Sunday.
Expressing deep concern over the "shameful" act of molestation of a teenager in Guwahati openly, NCW Chairperson Mamta Sharma has said here "the report by the NCW members would be submitted on Monday to the commission".
Action would be taken against the culprits within 10 days of the submission of the report, she told reporters here today.
NCW members visited the victim and personally met her on Saturday and assessed the entire situation. The team would fly back to Delhi today and would submit the report tomorrow, she said.
Asked about NCW`s strategy to check such acts of molestation and harassment against women, she said the commission takes cognizance of such matters and legal awareness camps and training programmes are being organised to address such issues.
Police had said that some girls and boys, apparently known to each other, had entered a bar in Guwahati on Monday night, where they subsequently had a brawl and were forced outside by the establishment`s security.
When they came out on the streets, local people taking advantage of the situation pushed and pulled one of the girls and attempted to strip and molest her.
The incident led to a public outcry after a video of the assault, recorded by a TV channel, was uploaded on Youtube.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report