NCW report on Guwahati molestation to be submitted tomorrow
Bundi: A National Commission for Women (NCW) team which visited Guwahati to probe the molestation of a 17-year-old girl will submit its report on Sunday.
Expressing deep concern over the "shameful" act of molestation of a teenager in Guwahati openly, NCW Chairperson Mamta Sharma has said here "the report by the NCW members would be submitted on Monday to the commission".
Action would be taken against the culprits within 10 days of the submission of the report, she told reporters here today.
NCW members visited the victim and personally met her on Saturday and assessed the entire situation. The team would fly back to Delhi today and would submit the report tomorrow, she said.
Asked about NCW`s strategy to check such acts of molestation and harassment against women, she said the commission takes cognizance of such matters and legal awareness camps and training programmes are being organised to address such issues.
Police had said that some girls and boys, apparently known to each other, had entered a bar in Guwahati on Monday night, where they subsequently had a brawl and were forced outside by the establishment`s security.
When they came out on the streets, local people taking advantage of the situation pushed and pulled one of the girls and attempted to strip and molest her.
The incident led to a public outcry after a video of the assault, recorded by a TV channel, was uploaded on Youtube.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!