Tezpur University VC`s term extended by 5 years
Tezpur: Tezpur Central University Vice Chancellor Mihir Kanti Chaudhuri has been granted an extension for five years.
The university`s Controller of Examinations Bhubaneshwar Saharia told a news agency that Chaudhuri`s new term would start from May 21.
President Pratibha Devi Patil had sent a letter recently directing the University Grants Commission (UGC) to extend Chaudhuri`s term.
Chaudhuri took over as the VC of Tezpur University in May 2007 and his current term is slated to expire on Monday.
The Tezpur University was set up in 1994 by the union government as per terms of the Assam Accord.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair