Tezpur University VC`s term extended by 5 years
Tezpur: Tezpur Central University Vice Chancellor Mihir Kanti Chaudhuri has been granted an extension for five years.
The university`s Controller of Examinations Bhubaneshwar Saharia told a news agency that Chaudhuri`s new term would start from May 21.
President Pratibha Devi Patil had sent a letter recently directing the University Grants Commission (UGC) to extend Chaudhuri`s term.
Chaudhuri took over as the VC of Tezpur University in May 2007 and his current term is slated to expire on Monday.
The Tezpur University was set up in 1994 by the union government as per terms of the Assam Accord.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?