Tezpur University VC`s term extended by 5 years
Tezpur: Tezpur Central University Vice Chancellor Mihir Kanti Chaudhuri has been granted an extension for five years.
The university`s Controller of Examinations Bhubaneshwar Saharia told a news agency that Chaudhuri`s new term would start from May 21.
President Pratibha Devi Patil had sent a letter recently directing the University Grants Commission (UGC) to extend Chaudhuri`s term.
Chaudhuri took over as the VC of Tezpur University in May 2007 and his current term is slated to expire on Monday.
The Tezpur University was set up in 1994 by the union government as per terms of the Assam Accord.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi