Two poachers held near Pabitora
Morigaon: Two poachers were arrested and a rhino horn worth more than Rs eight lakh was seized from them near Pabitora wildlife sanctuary in central Assam`s Morigaon district Wednesday.
Police said the duo were arrested from Zargaon following a tip off and the duo confessed that they were involved in poaching activities for quite sometimes in the sanctuary.
Their interrogation is on, the police added.
There are about 86 rhinos in Pabitora wildlife sanctuary, which stretches across 36 sq km area and is situated only about 35 km away from here.
The sanctuary has the world`s highest density of the endangered one-horned rhinos.
There are about 86 rhinos in the park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption