Two poachers held near Pabitora
Morigaon: Two poachers were arrested and a rhino horn worth more than Rs eight lakh was seized from them near Pabitora wildlife sanctuary in central Assam`s Morigaon district Wednesday.
Police said the duo were arrested from Zargaon following a tip off and the duo confessed that they were involved in poaching activities for quite sometimes in the sanctuary.
Their interrogation is on, the police added.
There are about 86 rhinos in Pabitora wildlife sanctuary, which stretches across 36 sq km area and is situated only about 35 km away from here.
The sanctuary has the world`s highest density of the endangered one-horned rhinos.
There are about 86 rhinos in the park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach