15 people in Bihar charged for boycotting Dalits
Patna: A case has been lodged against 15 people in Bihar on charges of socially boycotting dozens of Dalit families and causing them mental torture, police said Tuesday.
The 15 include a panchayat head in Kishanganj district, Anwar Alam.
According to police, the Dalits alleged that Alam and the others decided last week to boycott them after they complained that money meant for welfare schemes had been diverted.
The Dalits said they were denied the use of water from handpumps and food from shops. Their children were threatened not to attend school.
Alam and the others denied the charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum