Biharsharif: Fifteen students and a teacher were taken ill on Wednesday after eating mid-day meal at a primary school under Chandi block in Bihar`s Nalanda district, an official said.
The 15 students and the teacher complained of stomach upset soon after eating the meal in the school in Tarari village, Block Development Officer (BDO) Chitranjan Prasad said.
The ailing students and teacher were taken to a private nursing home for treatment where their condition was stated to be stable, he said.
It appears to be a case of food poisoning, the BDO said, adding the senior officials have rushed to the school to probe the matter.
The food sample has been taken for laboratory test, the BDO added.