Andhra labourer drowns in construction pit in Bihar
Nawada: In a freak mishap, a labourer from Andhra Pradesh drowned on Friday in a pit at a construction site on NH-31 under Rajauli police station area in Bihar`s Nawada district, police sources said.
The labourer, identified as V Venkataiya, slipped into the deep crater filled with water, while taking a bath, the sources said.
A native of Kalpitti village of Andhra`s Mehboobnagar district, Venkataiya was working at the under-construction site for the four-laning project on NH-31 being executed by a construction company, they said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and the labourer`s kin back home informed about the incident, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account