Bihar: 2 killed, 22 hurt in bus accident in Gaya
Gaya (Bihar): Two passengers were killed and 22 others injured when a bus slammed into the dropgate of a revenue checkpost in heavy fog at Dobhi in Bihar`s Gaya district on Wednesday.
Police sources had earlier said that 15 passengers were killed in the accident.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Magadh Range, N H Khan told reporters that after rescuing the passengers it came to light that two were killed.
The DIG said that the roof of the bus came off under the impact of the accident.
SSP, Gaya, Vinay Kumar said the 22 injured passengers were admitted to the Patna Medical College and Hospital, Gaya, the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College Hospital and the Primary Health Centre at Barachhati.
Angry over the accident, torched a vehicle, two motorcycles and pelted stones on policemen near the checkpost.
Sub Divisional Police Officer, Sherghati, Rajesh Kumar, said four persons were detained and the situation was under control.
The bus was going from Kalipahari to Rajrappa Temple in neighbouring Jharkhand`s Ramgarh district when the accident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch