Bihar: 2 killed, 22 hurt in bus accident in Gaya
Gaya (Bihar): Two passengers were killed and 22 others injured when a bus slammed into the dropgate of a revenue checkpost in heavy fog at Dobhi in Bihar`s Gaya district on Wednesday.
Police sources had earlier said that 15 passengers were killed in the accident.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Magadh Range, N H Khan told reporters that after rescuing the passengers it came to light that two were killed.
The DIG said that the roof of the bus came off under the impact of the accident.
SSP, Gaya, Vinay Kumar said the 22 injured passengers were admitted to the Patna Medical College and Hospital, Gaya, the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College Hospital and the Primary Health Centre at Barachhati.
Angry over the accident, torched a vehicle, two motorcycles and pelted stones on policemen near the checkpost.
Sub Divisional Police Officer, Sherghati, Rajesh Kumar, said four persons were detained and the situation was under control.
The bus was going from Kalipahari to Rajrappa Temple in neighbouring Jharkhand`s Ramgarh district when the accident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra