Bihar: 2 killed, 22 hurt in bus accident in Gaya
Gaya (Bihar): Two passengers were killed and 22 others injured when a bus slammed into the dropgate of a revenue checkpost in heavy fog at Dobhi in Bihar`s Gaya district on Wednesday.
Police sources had earlier said that 15 passengers were killed in the accident.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Magadh Range, N H Khan told reporters that after rescuing the passengers it came to light that two were killed.
The DIG said that the roof of the bus came off under the impact of the accident.
SSP, Gaya, Vinay Kumar said the 22 injured passengers were admitted to the Patna Medical College and Hospital, Gaya, the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College Hospital and the Primary Health Centre at Barachhati.
Angry over the accident, torched a vehicle, two motorcycles and pelted stones on policemen near the checkpost.
Sub Divisional Police Officer, Sherghati, Rajesh Kumar, said four persons were detained and the situation was under control.
The bus was going from Kalipahari to Rajrappa Temple in neighbouring Jharkhand`s Ramgarh district when the accident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Bail plea of Amanatullah Khan, accused of threatening woman with rape and murder, to be heard today
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments
- Full text of US President Barack Obama's speech at Democratic convention