Bihar: 2 killed, 22 hurt in bus accident in Gaya
Gaya (Bihar): Two passengers were killed and 22 others injured when a bus slammed into the dropgate of a revenue checkpost in heavy fog at Dobhi in Bihar`s Gaya district on Wednesday.
Police sources had earlier said that 15 passengers were killed in the accident.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Magadh Range, N H Khan told reporters that after rescuing the passengers it came to light that two were killed.
The DIG said that the roof of the bus came off under the impact of the accident.
SSP, Gaya, Vinay Kumar said the 22 injured passengers were admitted to the Patna Medical College and Hospital, Gaya, the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College Hospital and the Primary Health Centre at Barachhati.
Angry over the accident, torched a vehicle, two motorcycles and pelted stones on policemen near the checkpost.
Sub Divisional Police Officer, Sherghati, Rajesh Kumar, said four persons were detained and the situation was under control.
The bus was going from Kalipahari to Rajrappa Temple in neighbouring Jharkhand`s Ramgarh district when the accident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah