Bihar: 2 killed, 22 hurt in bus accident in Gaya
Gaya (Bihar): Two passengers were killed and 22 others injured when a bus slammed into the dropgate of a revenue checkpost in heavy fog at Dobhi in Bihar`s Gaya district on Wednesday.
Police sources had earlier said that 15 passengers were killed in the accident.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Magadh Range, N H Khan told reporters that after rescuing the passengers it came to light that two were killed.
The DIG said that the roof of the bus came off under the impact of the accident.
SSP, Gaya, Vinay Kumar said the 22 injured passengers were admitted to the Patna Medical College and Hospital, Gaya, the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College Hospital and the Primary Health Centre at Barachhati.
Angry over the accident, torched a vehicle, two motorcycles and pelted stones on policemen near the checkpost.
Sub Divisional Police Officer, Sherghati, Rajesh Kumar, said four persons were detained and the situation was under control.
The bus was going from Kalipahari to Rajrappa Temple in neighbouring Jharkhand`s Ramgarh district when the accident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city