Bihar govt transfers 67 DSP rank police officers
Patna: In a major reshuffle at middle level in the police department, the Bihar government on Saturday transferred 67 officers of Deputy Superintendent of Police rank.
Those transferred included Sub Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Bagha, Shailesh Kumar Sinha who led the police force that opened fire in Bagha resulting in death of six tribals.
According to the notification of the state`s Home department, Sinha has been asked to wait for next posting.
His place will be taken by Lalit Mohan Sharma, who was presently working as DSP, Sadar, Begusarai.
The officers transferred to other place from their present posting included DSP, BMP (Bihar Military Police), Patna, Ashok Kumar Prasad who has been made DSP Rail at Begusarai, according to the notification.
His colleague in BMP Sheila Irani has been sent to Masaurhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says