Bihar govt transfers 67 DSP rank police officers
Patna: In a major reshuffle at middle level in the police department, the Bihar government on Saturday transferred 67 officers of Deputy Superintendent of Police rank.
Those transferred included Sub Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Bagha, Shailesh Kumar Sinha who led the police force that opened fire in Bagha resulting in death of six tribals.
According to the notification of the state`s Home department, Sinha has been asked to wait for next posting.
His place will be taken by Lalit Mohan Sharma, who was presently working as DSP, Sadar, Begusarai.
The officers transferred to other place from their present posting included DSP, BMP (Bihar Military Police), Patna, Ashok Kumar Prasad who has been made DSP Rail at Begusarai, according to the notification.
His colleague in BMP Sheila Irani has been sent to Masaurhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM