Bihar: Professionals to monitor rural schemes
Patna: The Bihar government has decided to
rope in professionals from the private sector to monitor the
rural development schemes in state, Rural Development Minister
Nitish Mishra said.
"We have decided to hire the best brains from across
the country to monitor ongoing rural development schemes in
Bihar, he said.
The state government has already published ads in
national dailies for inviting applications for the post of 32
executives and the recruitment of the same will be carried out
by the private consultancy firm - `Srijan Consultancy
Services`, he said.
The applications from aspirants will be invited online
and the entire recruitment process will be over latest by
next month, the Rural Development Minister said.
The recruited professionals will be given jobs on
contract and their pay and other perks will be negotiated,
These professionals will join the proposed Bihar Rural
Development Society (BRDS) and supervise the implementation of
the rural development schemes in the state aimed at
eradication of poverty, generation of rural employment and
welfare of the poor and downtrodden under the ongoing schemes
like MNREGA, IAY and UID, he said.
The recruited professionals will be offered posts like
State Programme Director, MNREGA, Social Audit Director,
Finance Controller and UID Coordinator, he said.
The department will evaluate the performance of these
professionals on quarterly basis and those not performing up
to the mark will be fired, while there will be reward for
those who deliver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list