Bihar road show in Mauritius
Patna: With an aim to attract people of Mauritius particularly those having roots in Bihar, the state government has decided to hold a road show during Pravasi Bhartiya Divas convention there starting Saturday.
"The Bihar road show with a theme `Know your roots` will be held during Pravasi Bhartiya Divas convention starting Saturday to attract citizens of Mauritius, particularly those having roots in Bihar to visit their land of origin," Secretary, Tourism, S Siddarth said.
The Secretary said during the road show the important tourist sites of Bihar like Bodhgaya, Rajgir, Patna and Nalanda among others would be highlighted. Reports say that almost 70 per cent of population of Mauritius is of Indian origin and almost half of them hail from Bihar.
Bihar Tourism Minister Sunil Kumar Pintu, who has left for Mauritius, would deliver a speech on the occasion. He will also present in detail the resurgence of Bihar both in the field of economy and culture under Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
He said we receive feedback from people residing abroad about changes taking place in the state. People are inquisitive to know more about growth process in the state and express interest to visit the land of their origin for a first hand experience, Siddarh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman