Bihar woman found hanging from tree not gang-raped: Autopsy
Bhagalpur: The autopsy report of the 32-year-old woman, who was found hanging from a tree in a mango orchard, has stated that she was not raped and may have committed suicide, as per NDTV report.
Police had earlier stated that the victim, who got down from a Delhi-bound Brahmaputra Mail in Bhagalpur district, was forcefully taken to the mango orchard where she was gang-raped and killed by unidentified persons, as per news agency report.
She was strangulated and her body hung from a tree. Police had recovered the body and sent it to the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College and Hospital in Bhagalpur for post-mortem.
The victim, who hails from New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal, took the train from Alipore to Delhi, along with her son. As the train was jampacked, she tried to get down at Sahibganj but was prevented from doing so by co-passengers, Assistant Superintendent of Police, Bhagalpur, Meenu Kumari said.
When the train slowed down between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations, she jumped out. It is not clear why she took this step.
A railway ticket and cellphone number of her village pradhan written on a piece of paper was recovered from the victim`s possession. Liquor bottles were also found at the spot, police said.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore