`Bodhi tree` branches chopped off
Gaya: Some branches of the `Bodhi tree`, under which Lord Buddha attained enlightenment, were chopped off on Wednesday after a branch fell on the Mahabodhi temple in Bodh Gaya on July 29.
The chopping took place in the presence OF local officials on the instructions of the Dehradun-based Forest Research Institute (FRI) and Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC).
Secretary and members of the BTMC, N Dorjee and Radhakrishna Mishra and Arvind Singh respectively were present when the exercise took place.
The FRI has been entrusted with the task of looking after the tree.
A team of FRI comes here from time to time to maintain the tree, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP