`Bodhi tree` branches chopped off
Gaya: Some branches of the `Bodhi tree`, under which Lord Buddha attained enlightenment, were chopped off on Wednesday after a branch fell on the Mahabodhi temple in Bodh Gaya on July 29.
The chopping took place in the presence OF local officials on the instructions of the Dehradun-based Forest Research Institute (FRI) and Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC).
Secretary and members of the BTMC, N Dorjee and Radhakrishna Mishra and Arvind Singh respectively were present when the exercise took place.
The FRI has been entrusted with the task of looking after the tree.
A team of FRI comes here from time to time to maintain the tree, official sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!