Contractor among two hacked to death in Saharsa
Saharsa (Bihar): Two persons, including a contractor, were hacked to death allegedly by unknown persons at Bengaha village in Saharsa district, police said on Saturday.
Vishnu Kumar, a contractor of Saharsa district, was consuming liquor at a house along with his associates late last night when unknown assailants attacked them and killed Kumar and one of his associates, Shambhu Shah, Superintendent of Police Dilip Kumar Mishra said.
The assailants deserted both the bodies in an isolated place, the SP said.
Later, police recovered the bodies and sent them to Sadar hospital for post-mortem.
Protesting against the killings, locals sat on a dharna for some time, he said.
One person was arrested in this connection, Mishra added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings