Eight kidnapped labourers released in Bihar
Jamui: Three days after they were kidnapped by Maoists, eight labourers were Wednesday released by the ultra-left activists in Jamui district of Bihar, police said.
The labourers were released unconditionally near Channaber village under Khaira police station area of the district, Superintendent of Police Upendera Sharma told reporters.
Security forces comprising personnel of CRPF, STF, SAP (Special Auxiliary Police) and Bihar police had launched a massive hunt for the kidnapped labourers and their release was a result of the pressure of the security forces operation, the SP claimed.
The labourers were engaged in the construction of a road bridge on Nawada-Jamui road from where they were kidnapped on Saturday night.
The bridge was being built by a private contractor after he was awarded the contract by Bihar Rajya Pul Nirman Nigam.
The Maoists had raided the construction site at Badaldiah village, about 30 km from the district headquarters, under Khaira police station on Saturday night and kidnapped the eight labourers.
The kidnapped hailed from local Badaldiah village and some others were from Dalsingsarai in Samastipur and Raghopur in Saran district.
The labourers told reporters at Khaira police station that they were kept hostage in Tesri jungle in neighbouring Giridih district of Jharkhand. They had been blindfolded and were always on the move in the jungle.
They also said that they had not been harassed and were fed properly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM