Feud in Bihar BJP reaches Delhi
Patna: The fissures in Bihar BJP over constitution of new working committee by state president Mangal Pandey have widened with a section of disgruntled leaders led by former chief C P Thakur taking their fight to Delhi seeking intervention by the central leadership.
Thakur told PTI that veteran BJP leader and former state legislative council chairman Tarakant Jha met BJP national president Rajnath Singh in New Delhi yesterday and apprised him about "discrepancies" in constitution of the working committee by his successor.
"Jha conveyed to the BJP president about discontent among party leaders and workers over unilateral manner of constitution of the new team by Pandey from which several senior ministers and other prominent leaders have been deliberately excluded," the former state unit president said.
Thakur said that he and the Public Health and Engineering Department (PHED) minister Chandra Mohan Rai will go to New Delhi soon and meet the central teams to apprise them about anomalies in the new working committee.
Rai had also joined the former state unit chief in publicly questioning the constitution of the new team by Pandey, said to be a close aide of the Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
Several other disgruntled leaders too will go to Delhi on their own volition to speak to the central leaders on the issue, Thakur said.
While Modi himself has maintained stoic silence over rebellion brewing in the rank and file over selection of the new team, Pandey refuted Thakur`s charge of unilateral selection of the working committee and said that he had discussed the matter with the central leadership in detail.
"I visited Delhi after election as the state unit chief and discussed in detail with the central leaders about credentials of all those people included in the working committee," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire