Four sentenced to life for double murder in Bihar
Bihar Sharif: A court in Bihar`s Nalanda district Monday sentenced four members of a family to life imprisonment in connection with a double murder case.
Additional District and Sessions judge Sunil Kumar passed the order sentencing the four convicts to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 fine each for the murder of Sumita Devi and her daughter.
According to prosecution, the duo were burnt alive in Parasdiha village in August 2012 by Devi`s husband Yogendra Prasad, his second wife and parents over a dispute in the family.
The bodies of the two were buried underground and a wall was constructed by the convicted persons apparently to conceal the evidence.
The police subsequently arrested the four family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city