Four sentenced to life for double murder in Bihar
Bihar Sharif: A court in Bihar`s Nalanda district Monday sentenced four members of a family to life imprisonment in connection with a double murder case.
Additional District and Sessions judge Sunil Kumar passed the order sentencing the four convicts to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 fine each for the murder of Sumita Devi and her daughter.
According to prosecution, the duo were burnt alive in Parasdiha village in August 2012 by Devi`s husband Yogendra Prasad, his second wife and parents over a dispute in the family.
The bodies of the two were buried underground and a wall was constructed by the convicted persons apparently to conceal the evidence.
The police subsequently arrested the four family members.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij