Four sentenced to life for double murder in Bihar
Bihar Sharif: A court in Bihar`s Nalanda district Monday sentenced four members of a family to life imprisonment in connection with a double murder case.
Additional District and Sessions judge Sunil Kumar passed the order sentencing the four convicts to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 fine each for the murder of Sumita Devi and her daughter.
According to prosecution, the duo were burnt alive in Parasdiha village in August 2012 by Devi`s husband Yogendra Prasad, his second wife and parents over a dispute in the family.
The bodies of the two were buried underground and a wall was constructed by the convicted persons apparently to conceal the evidence.
The police subsequently arrested the four family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH