Judge surrenders in a case lodged by father, granted bail
Nawada: Additional District and Sessions Judge Chandrabhushan Prasad Singh Tuesday surrendered before a court in Bihar`s Nawada district and was granted bail in a case filed against him by his father four months ago.
Singh, posted in Jharkhand`s Sahebganj district, surrendered before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishnudev Rai in a case of alleged assault and taking away his father`s pension money.
After hearing the arguments of the counsel of the two parties, Rai granted bail to the ADJ.
Singh`s father Pragyas Singh, a retired constable from the central prison in Ranchi, had filed a case against his son at Town police station area in Nawada district on January 12 accusing him of assaulting him and taking Rs 10,000 of his pension money.
The junior Singh was also charged with attempt to deprive his father of the right in family property and misbehaving with his younger daughter in-law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!