Judge surrenders in a case lodged by father, granted bail
Nawada: Additional District and Sessions Judge Chandrabhushan Prasad Singh Tuesday surrendered before a court in Bihar`s Nawada district and was granted bail in a case filed against him by his father four months ago.
Singh, posted in Jharkhand`s Sahebganj district, surrendered before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishnudev Rai in a case of alleged assault and taking away his father`s pension money.
After hearing the arguments of the counsel of the two parties, Rai granted bail to the ADJ.
Singh`s father Pragyas Singh, a retired constable from the central prison in Ranchi, had filed a case against his son at Town police station area in Nawada district on January 12 accusing him of assaulting him and taking Rs 10,000 of his pension money.
The junior Singh was also charged with attempt to deprive his father of the right in family property and misbehaving with his younger daughter in-law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!