Judge surrenders in a case lodged by father, granted bail
Nawada: Additional District and Sessions Judge Chandrabhushan Prasad Singh Tuesday surrendered before a court in Bihar`s Nawada district and was granted bail in a case filed against him by his father four months ago.
Singh, posted in Jharkhand`s Sahebganj district, surrendered before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishnudev Rai in a case of alleged assault and taking away his father`s pension money.
After hearing the arguments of the counsel of the two parties, Rai granted bail to the ADJ.
Singh`s father Pragyas Singh, a retired constable from the central prison in Ranchi, had filed a case against his son at Town police station area in Nawada district on January 12 accusing him of assaulting him and taking Rs 10,000 of his pension money.
The junior Singh was also charged with attempt to deprive his father of the right in family property and misbehaving with his younger daughter in-law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’