Maoist base camp destroyed in Bihar
Chapra: A Maoist base camp located on Gandak River embankment at Basaiya village in Bihar`s Saran district was unearthed by the police on Sunday.
District superintendent of police Sujeet Kumar said the police raided the embankment following a tip off and busted the camp but the ultras managed to escape.
There was information of the presence of six to eight Maoists staying at the camp and during the raid they escaped taking advantage of the thick grass in the embankment area called diara in local parlance.
Raids are on to apprehend the Maoists, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users