Maoist base camp destroyed in Bihar
Chapra: A Maoist base camp located on Gandak River embankment at Basaiya village in Bihar`s Saran district was unearthed by the police on Sunday.
District superintendent of police Sujeet Kumar said the police raided the embankment following a tip off and busted the camp but the ultras managed to escape.
There was information of the presence of six to eight Maoists staying at the camp and during the raid they escaped taking advantage of the thick grass in the embankment area called diara in local parlance.
Raids are on to apprehend the Maoists, Kumar said.
- Enclave-dwellers to vote for first time since Independence
- Pathankot IAF base remains highly unsafe, Centre to be blamed: Parliamentary panel
- Justice for Jisha: Will India unite for Kerala's Nirbhaya?
- Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wished 'Happy Birthday' by THESE Bollywood hotties!
- Three new species of mouse lemurs discovered in Madagascar