Maoist base camp destroyed in Bihar
Chapra: A Maoist base camp located on Gandak River embankment at Basaiya village in Bihar`s Saran district was unearthed by the police on Sunday.
District superintendent of police Sujeet Kumar said the police raided the embankment following a tip off and busted the camp but the ultras managed to escape.
There was information of the presence of six to eight Maoists staying at the camp and during the raid they escaped taking advantage of the thick grass in the embankment area called diara in local parlance.
Raids are on to apprehend the Maoists, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II