Maoist base camp destroyed in Bihar
Chapra: A Maoist base camp located on Gandak River embankment at Basaiya village in Bihar`s Saran district was unearthed by the police on Sunday.
District superintendent of police Sujeet Kumar said the police raided the embankment following a tip off and busted the camp but the ultras managed to escape.
There was information of the presence of six to eight Maoists staying at the camp and during the raid they escaped taking advantage of the thick grass in the embankment area called diara in local parlance.
Raids are on to apprehend the Maoists, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you