Maoists kill two in Bihar
Patna: An elected rural representative and his son were shot dead by Maoists in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said on Saturday.
The armed Maoists late Friday night killed Umesh Singh and his son Kunal Bharti in Suki village, about 65 km from here, Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar Sinha said.
According to police, Maoist guerrillas stormed into Singh`s house and dragged him and his son out.
"They first chopped off Singh`s hands and legs and shot him and his son dead," a police official said.
Tension prevailed in neighbouring villages Saturday as local residents protested and blamed police inaction for the incident.
Heavy security forces have been deployed and search operations are on, added Sinha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley