Maoists kill two in Bihar
Patna: An elected rural representative and his son were shot dead by Maoists in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said on Saturday.
The armed Maoists late Friday night killed Umesh Singh and his son Kunal Bharti in Suki village, about 65 km from here, Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar Sinha said.
According to police, Maoist guerrillas stormed into Singh`s house and dragged him and his son out.
"They first chopped off Singh`s hands and legs and shot him and his son dead," a police official said.
Tension prevailed in neighbouring villages Saturday as local residents protested and blamed police inaction for the incident.
Heavy security forces have been deployed and search operations are on, added Sinha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli
- NIA files charge sheet against three men deported from UAE for ISIS links
- Can't be blamed if my sermons inspire jihadists: Zakir Naik
- Save your mobile data! Google Maps to get Wi-Fi only mode and more for Android
- Pakistan dismissive of India's decision to withdraw diplomats' kids