Maoists kill two in Bihar
Patna: An elected rural representative and his son were shot dead by Maoists in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said on Saturday.
The armed Maoists late Friday night killed Umesh Singh and his son Kunal Bharti in Suki village, about 65 km from here, Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar Sinha said.
According to police, Maoist guerrillas stormed into Singh`s house and dragged him and his son out.
"They first chopped off Singh`s hands and legs and shot him and his son dead," a police official said.
Tension prevailed in neighbouring villages Saturday as local residents protested and blamed police inaction for the incident.
Heavy security forces have been deployed and search operations are on, added Sinha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert