Maoists kill two in Bihar
Patna: An elected rural representative and his son were shot dead by Maoists in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said on Saturday.
The armed Maoists late Friday night killed Umesh Singh and his son Kunal Bharti in Suki village, about 65 km from here, Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar Sinha said.
According to police, Maoist guerrillas stormed into Singh`s house and dragged him and his son out.
"They first chopped off Singh`s hands and legs and shot him and his son dead," a police official said.
Tension prevailed in neighbouring villages Saturday as local residents protested and blamed police inaction for the incident.
Heavy security forces have been deployed and search operations are on, added Sinha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly
- Masala bonds to ease capital constraints for banks: Fitch
- 23-year-old rejected by Indian Army `because he has a Modi tattoo on his chest`