Maoists kill two in Bihar
Patna: An elected rural representative and his son were shot dead by Maoists in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said on Saturday.
The armed Maoists late Friday night killed Umesh Singh and his son Kunal Bharti in Suki village, about 65 km from here, Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar Sinha said.
According to police, Maoist guerrillas stormed into Singh`s house and dragged him and his son out.
"They first chopped off Singh`s hands and legs and shot him and his son dead," a police official said.
Tension prevailed in neighbouring villages Saturday as local residents protested and blamed police inaction for the incident.
Heavy security forces have been deployed and search operations are on, added Sinha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali