Minor gang-raped and killed in Bihar
Dehri-on-sone (Rohtas): A minor girl was allegedly gang-raped and later killed by unidentified persons at a village in Bihar`s Rohtas district, police said on Saturday.
The nine-year-old girl had gone to a fair in Dharhara village on the occasion of Dusshera festival with her mother yesterday, Superintendent of Police Vikash Burman said.
Her mother returned home early leaving the girl alone in the fair, he said.
Taking advantage of the situation, three unknown persons lured her and took the girl to an isolated place where they allegedly raped her, the SP said.
Her body was traced from a tank nearby the village this morning, Burman said.
An FIR was lodged against unknown persons and police investigation was on to nab the culprits, Burman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it