Minor gang-raped and killed in Bihar
Dehri-on-sone (Rohtas): A minor girl was allegedly gang-raped and later killed by unidentified persons at a village in Bihar`s Rohtas district, police said on Saturday.
The nine-year-old girl had gone to a fair in Dharhara village on the occasion of Dusshera festival with her mother yesterday, Superintendent of Police Vikash Burman said.
Her mother returned home early leaving the girl alone in the fair, he said.
Taking advantage of the situation, three unknown persons lured her and took the girl to an isolated place where they allegedly raped her, the SP said.
Her body was traced from a tank nearby the village this morning, Burman said.
An FIR was lodged against unknown persons and police investigation was on to nab the culprits, Burman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen