Misa Bharati rushes to Delhi to mollify `angry` RJD leader Ramkripal
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad`s daughter, Misa Bharati on Friday rushed to Delhi to meet party general secretary Ramkripal Yadav following reports of the MP seeking an entry into BJP started making rounds after being denied ticket for the Pataliputra parliamentary seat.
With Yadav not at home, Misa, was learnt, would wait for the leader and end his discontentment over the issue.
Misa said she had little clue that Yadav, who is a Rajya Sabha member, was interested in contesting elections from Pataliputra seat in Patna district.
Prasad had yesterday announced Misa`s name for Pataliputra parliamentary constituency, which he had lost in the last polls.
Asked if she would ask her father Lalu Prasad to withdraw her candidature in favour of Yadav, Misa said, "I will talk to my father only after talking to Yadav and know reasons of his annoyance."
Known as Prasad`s Man Friday, Yadav today said he has not quit RJD but was sad with the party`s decision.
Former Chief Minister Rabri Devi described the incident as a "fight within the family" while Prasad said he was not sure what made Yadav angry.
"I don`t know the reason of his anger...Whether it is over ticket or is being instigated by others to protest," Prasad said before leaving for campaigning in Chapra and Siwan.
The RJD supremo said he was confident that Yadav would not `ruin` his life and career leaving the party.
"Two years of his term in Rajya Sabha are still left. He never staked a claim for the Pataliputra seat before me," Prasad explained.
Sources said that RJD Legislature party leader in Council Gulam Gaus was also angry after being denied ticket for the Bettiah seat.
Meanwhile, RJD has removed Yadav`s close aide Randhir Yadav from the post of state party spokesman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened