Miscreants flee with idol, kill two temple priests
Samastipur: Two priests were shot dead by miscreants at Bansritola Ramjanki temple in Bihar`s Samastipur town before they fled with the valuable ashtadhatu idol, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Friday night when the priests tried to resist the miscreants` bid to loot the temple, Superintendent of Police Barun Kumar Sinha said.
While one priest died on the spot the other succumbed to his injuries at a government hospital later, he said.
The miscreants have been identified and search is on for them, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued