Nitish favours consensus for prez poll
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday favoured consensus for the July Presidential poll and asked the UPA government to declare its candidate at the earliest.
"It will be appropriate if the next president of the country is elected by consensus ... I am a votary of consensus on the issue", he told reporters on the sidelines of his Janata Darbar.
Kumar, a senior JD(U) leader, asked the UPA government to declare its candidate as speculation was growing about Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee being a front runner for the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'