Nitish favours consensus for prez poll
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday favoured consensus for the July Presidential poll and asked the UPA government to declare its candidate at the earliest.
"It will be appropriate if the next president of the country is elected by consensus ... I am a votary of consensus on the issue", he told reporters on the sidelines of his Janata Darbar.
Kumar, a senior JD(U) leader, asked the UPA government to declare its candidate as speculation was growing about Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee being a front runner for the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details