Nitish favours consensus for prez poll
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday favoured consensus for the July Presidential poll and asked the UPA government to declare its candidate at the earliest.
"It will be appropriate if the next president of the country is elected by consensus ... I am a votary of consensus on the issue", he told reporters on the sidelines of his Janata Darbar.
Kumar, a senior JD(U) leader, asked the UPA government to declare its candidate as speculation was growing about Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee being a front runner for the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic