Nitish favours consensus for prez poll
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday favoured consensus for the July Presidential poll and asked the UPA government to declare its candidate at the earliest.
"It will be appropriate if the next president of the country is elected by consensus ... I am a votary of consensus on the issue", he told reporters on the sidelines of his Janata Darbar.
Kumar, a senior JD(U) leader, asked the UPA government to declare its candidate as speculation was growing about Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee being a front runner for the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA