Nitish for announcement of PM candidate before elections
Patna: Amid intense debate over the Prime Ministerial candidate from NDA, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday supported the view that the nominee for the top post should be announced before elections and the candidate should be chosen in a meeting of the NDA.
"Yes, it should be done," he told reporters in reply to a question whether name of the candidate for the PM should be announced before polls.
He was talking to mediapersons emerging from "Janata Ke Darbar me mukhya mantri".
Kumar, however, refuted that he had ever said that the announcement of the name should be done at least a year before the elections.
"I have never spoken about time for announcement of PM nominee," Kumar, senior leader of JD(U), a coalition partner of BJP, said.
Kumar supported the opinion of JD(U) President Sharad Yadav that the NDA`s choice for PM post should be decided in the meeting of the opposition coalition.
The CM advised the media not to go overboard over the issue of PM candidate and leave the job to the politicians.
"The issue should not be repeated daily...The right of when and what (over selection of candidate) should be left to politicians like us," he added.
The overdose of news over PM`s post was creating "confusion," he said adding it should not be a matter of daily discussion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way