Nitish for announcement of PM candidate before elections
Patna: Amid intense debate over the Prime Ministerial candidate from NDA, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday supported the view that the nominee for the top post should be announced before elections and the candidate should be chosen in a meeting of the NDA.
"Yes, it should be done," he told reporters in reply to a question whether name of the candidate for the PM should be announced before polls.
He was talking to mediapersons emerging from "Janata Ke Darbar me mukhya mantri".
Kumar, however, refuted that he had ever said that the announcement of the name should be done at least a year before the elections.
"I have never spoken about time for announcement of PM nominee," Kumar, senior leader of JD(U), a coalition partner of BJP, said.
Kumar supported the opinion of JD(U) President Sharad Yadav that the NDA`s choice for PM post should be decided in the meeting of the opposition coalition.
The CM advised the media not to go overboard over the issue of PM candidate and leave the job to the politicians.
"The issue should not be repeated daily...The right of when and what (over selection of candidate) should be left to politicians like us," he added.
The overdose of news over PM`s post was creating "confusion," he said adding it should not be a matter of daily discussion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it