‘Nitish govt has failed to utilise central funds’
Patna: Planning Commission, Advisor, NC Saxena on Thursday accused the Nitish Kumar government of "failing" to utilise a major chunk of funds provided for the Centrally-sponsored schemes saying it had deprived the state government of subsidy of Rs 10,000 crore to Rs 12,000 crore.
"The state government has failed to utilise a major chunk
of funds provided for the Central schemes," Saxena said while
addressing a workshop on Parliamentary Budgetary System
at the state assembly auditorium here.
"The proper utilisation will have fetched the state
getting subsidy of Rs 10,000 crore to Rs 12,000 crore
annually," he said.
He said even a state like Andhra Pradesh was receiving
funds because of better performance in execution of the
Central schemes more than Bihar.
"The reason is that there is no no proper administrative
system in Bihar which can maintain control over expenditure
and transparency in implementation of these schemes," Saxena
Saxena further said population too was a major obstacle
in reaching more and more financial help to Bihar.
He said pressure was required to be built on the Centre
by Bihar together with Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan for Central
assistance on the basis of 1991 and 2001 census.
Saxena also lamented that "there was 93 per cent posts of
supervisors under the Integrated Child Development Project
"Bihar has also failed to fill up the vacancies of
teachers and doctors... the attendance in schools has
increased but their presence is also a major problem," he
Even the state`s GDP was one fifth of the GDP attained
by Maharashtra, Saxena said, adding agriculture production
too was a problem of Bihar.
The Planning Commission Advisor suggested that Bihar
should toe the lines of Andhra Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Tamil
Nadu for improvement in the health services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation