Nitish Kumar condoles over the demise of Khurshed Alam Khan
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday condoled the death of former Union minister Khurshed Alam Khan and described him as a "sensitive" and "dashing" politician.
"Khurshed Alam Khan, in addition to being an able and efficient administrator, was also a sensitive and dashing politician," Kumar said in his condolence message.
"Khan discharged responsibility in different ministries at the Centre and displayed high level of administrative capability," Kumar said.
The deceased, who is the father of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, also functioned as Governor of Goa, Maharashtra and Karnataka, the Bihar chief minister said.
He expressed grief over Khan`s death and said he would pray for the family of the departed leader.
Khan died today at the age of 95.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly