Nitish Kumar condoles over the demise of Khurshed Alam Khan
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday condoled the death of former Union minister Khurshed Alam Khan and described him as a "sensitive" and "dashing" politician.
"Khurshed Alam Khan, in addition to being an able and efficient administrator, was also a sensitive and dashing politician," Kumar said in his condolence message.
"Khan discharged responsibility in different ministries at the Centre and displayed high level of administrative capability," Kumar said.
The deceased, who is the father of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, also functioned as Governor of Goa, Maharashtra and Karnataka, the Bihar chief minister said.
He expressed grief over Khan`s death and said he would pray for the family of the departed leader.
Khan died today at the age of 95.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP