Nitish Kumar condoles over the demise of Khurshed Alam Khan
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday condoled the death of former Union minister Khurshed Alam Khan and described him as a "sensitive" and "dashing" politician.
"Khurshed Alam Khan, in addition to being an able and efficient administrator, was also a sensitive and dashing politician," Kumar said in his condolence message.
"Khan discharged responsibility in different ministries at the Centre and displayed high level of administrative capability," Kumar said.
The deceased, who is the father of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, also functioned as Governor of Goa, Maharashtra and Karnataka, the Bihar chief minister said.
He expressed grief over Khan`s death and said he would pray for the family of the departed leader.
Khan died today at the age of 95.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!