Nitish Kumar praises Giriraj Singh
Patna: Notwithstanding to his cabinet colleague`s acidic reaction to his veiled attack on Narendra Modi, Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday showered praise on Giriraj Singh for his performance as Animal Husbandry minister.
"Singh rears goats at his residence and feeds guest with tea made out of these goats milk," Kumar said in his speech at 30th foundation day function of COMFED, state dairy cooperative.
"The minister propagates virtue of rearing goats to the people and I wil tell COMFED to take cue and promote rearing of goats," he said.
The chief minister`s praise of the minister surprised the audience as the minister, a die-hard supporter of Gujarat chief minister, had made a blistering attack on Kumar for remarks on Modi during JD(U) conclave.
Singh, who along with other leaders met the party chief Rajnath Singh in Delhi yesterday to convey protest against Kumar`s attack on Modi, had wondered how long BJP would bear attack on its leader and had also reportedly said that it was time to go for do or die battle with the coalition partner.
When reporters sought to know Singh`s reaction to the praise of Kumar, he said "I am a member of his cabinet. He felt good about my work and praised me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick