Nitish Kumar praises Giriraj Singh
Patna: Notwithstanding to his cabinet colleague`s acidic reaction to his veiled attack on Narendra Modi, Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday showered praise on Giriraj Singh for his performance as Animal Husbandry minister.
"Singh rears goats at his residence and feeds guest with tea made out of these goats milk," Kumar said in his speech at 30th foundation day function of COMFED, state dairy cooperative.
"The minister propagates virtue of rearing goats to the people and I wil tell COMFED to take cue and promote rearing of goats," he said.
The chief minister`s praise of the minister surprised the audience as the minister, a die-hard supporter of Gujarat chief minister, had made a blistering attack on Kumar for remarks on Modi during JD(U) conclave.
Singh, who along with other leaders met the party chief Rajnath Singh in Delhi yesterday to convey protest against Kumar`s attack on Modi, had wondered how long BJP would bear attack on its leader and had also reportedly said that it was time to go for do or die battle with the coalition partner.
When reporters sought to know Singh`s reaction to the praise of Kumar, he said "I am a member of his cabinet. He felt good about my work and praised me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test