Nitish Kumar takes a dig at Narendra Modi for his `Rambo` act in Uttarakhand
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar took dig at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday, saying that he was not a `Rambo`.
According to reports, Nitish made the following comment in Patna. Targeting Modi he apparently said, I am not Rambo - the person who will go to rescue Biharis from Uttarakhand."
The comment was supposedly made in reference to Gujarat CM`s visit to flood-ravaged Uttarakhand and the subsequent news that Modi had saved almost 15,000 people from his state, which was called a `Rambo` act.
The Congress had hit out at Modi saying that the claims were highly exaggerated. Later, the BJP said that Modi had never claimed that that he had saved 15,000 Gujaratis as was being reported.
BJP`s ally, the Shiv Sena had also criticised Modi for singling out only Gujaratis for the rescue mission.
JD(U) ended their seventeen month old relationship with the BJP after Narendra Modi was made the poll panel chief of his party for 2014 General elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why