Nitish lowers prestige of Bihar: Paswan
Patna: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Monday flayed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for allegedly lowering the prestige of Bihar under pressure of MNS leader Raj Thackerey during his Mumbai visit.
"Nitish Kumar did not mention the contributions of great leaders from Bihar, but showered praise on leaders from Maharashtra in his speech in `Bihar Divas` function in Mumbai yesterday," Paswan told reporters here.
The chief minister had done it under pressure from Raj Thackerey and thereby dealt a blow to the prestige of Bihar, he said and demanded that Kumar apologise to the people of the state.
"It appears that the verbal duel between Kumar and Thackerey had been fixed for publicity," Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing