Nitish lowers prestige of Bihar: Paswan
Patna: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Monday flayed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for allegedly lowering the prestige of Bihar under pressure of MNS leader Raj Thackerey during his Mumbai visit.
"Nitish Kumar did not mention the contributions of great leaders from Bihar, but showered praise on leaders from Maharashtra in his speech in `Bihar Divas` function in Mumbai yesterday," Paswan told reporters here.
The chief minister had done it under pressure from Raj Thackerey and thereby dealt a blow to the prestige of Bihar, he said and demanded that Kumar apologise to the people of the state.
"It appears that the verbal duel between Kumar and Thackerey had been fixed for publicity," Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police