Nitish lowers prestige of Bihar: Paswan
Patna: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Monday flayed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for allegedly lowering the prestige of Bihar under pressure of MNS leader Raj Thackerey during his Mumbai visit.
"Nitish Kumar did not mention the contributions of great leaders from Bihar, but showered praise on leaders from Maharashtra in his speech in `Bihar Divas` function in Mumbai yesterday," Paswan told reporters here.
The chief minister had done it under pressure from Raj Thackerey and thereby dealt a blow to the prestige of Bihar, he said and demanded that Kumar apologise to the people of the state.
"It appears that the verbal duel between Kumar and Thackerey had been fixed for publicity," Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why