Nitish lowers prestige of Bihar: Paswan
Patna: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Monday flayed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for allegedly lowering the prestige of Bihar under pressure of MNS leader Raj Thackerey during his Mumbai visit.
"Nitish Kumar did not mention the contributions of great leaders from Bihar, but showered praise on leaders from Maharashtra in his speech in `Bihar Divas` function in Mumbai yesterday," Paswan told reporters here.
The chief minister had done it under pressure from Raj Thackerey and thereby dealt a blow to the prestige of Bihar, he said and demanded that Kumar apologise to the people of the state.
"It appears that the verbal duel between Kumar and Thackerey had been fixed for publicity," Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured