Nitish shuts up Kirti Azad, Bihar BJP screams
Patna: Bihar`s BJP leaders are miffed after Chief Minister Nitish Kumar did not allow BJP MP Kirti Azad to speak at a meeting with officials on Sunday.
At the meeting in Darbhanga during his Sewa Yatra, Nitish Kumar told ex-cricketer Kirti Azad to "keep quiet and listen to the proceedings" when he interrupted chief minister.
The Bharatiya Janata Party leader demanded a chance to speak.
The spat is perceived by BJP leaders as a bad sign for the party`s alliance with the Janata Dal-United (JD-U). The two together rule Bihar.
"It is not good for alliance politics. Kirti Azad should have been given an opportunity to express his views," BJP leader Chandra Mohan Rai said.
Another BJP leader, Harendra Pratap, said: "A people`s representative should be treated well. It is sad that Kirti Azad was treated badly."
Kirti Azad is an MP from Darbhanga and is the son of former Bihar chief minister Bhagwat Jha Azad.
Azad Jr slammed Nitish Kumar`s much publicised Sewa Yatra, calling it a "helicopter yatra" because the chief minister "has been using a helicopter instead of the road" to meet people.
The equation between the BJP and the JD-U has been on the downslide ever since Nitish Kumar hit out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi without naming him at a rally in Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living