Notice to AIIMS-Patna director for violating quota policy
Patna: The central government has issued a show cause notice to the director of AIIMS-Patna for violating the reservation policy in recruiting faculty for six new premier medical institutes in the country last year, an official said Saturday.
GK Singh, director, All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Patna, has been charged with violating the reservation policy in faculty recruitment, flaunting financial rules in recruitment through outsourcing and irregular engagement of personnel at the institute in his capacity as the head of a six-member selection panel.
"Singh has been asked to reply to the show cause notice by March 21," said an official at AIIMS Patna.
He said the action follows charges of violations levelled last year by a parliamentary committee on OBCs.
Later, a three member inquiry committee of the ministry of health and family welfare found merit in the allegations.
The selection committee headed by Singh had recruited 546 faculty members across six new institutes in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok