Notice to AIIMS-Patna director for violating quota policy
Patna: The central government has issued a show cause notice to the director of AIIMS-Patna for violating the reservation policy in recruiting faculty for six new premier medical institutes in the country last year, an official said Saturday.
GK Singh, director, All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Patna, has been charged with violating the reservation policy in faculty recruitment, flaunting financial rules in recruitment through outsourcing and irregular engagement of personnel at the institute in his capacity as the head of a six-member selection panel.
"Singh has been asked to reply to the show cause notice by March 21," said an official at AIIMS Patna.
He said the action follows charges of violations levelled last year by a parliamentary committee on OBCs.
Later, a three member inquiry committee of the ministry of health and family welfare found merit in the allegations.
The selection committee headed by Singh had recruited 546 faculty members across six new institutes in 2013.
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- DNA: Today in History | May 4th, 2016
- Free WiFi at Mumbai's railway station
- Delhi govt approves proposal to set up memorial on APJ Abdul Kalam at Dilli Haat
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell four-for guides Kolkata Knight Riders to 7-run win over Kings XI Punjab
- Heated debate takes place in Rajya Sabha on VVIP chopper deal: Top quotes
- 'Catastrophic wildfires' force thousands to flee in Canada
- Man killed by son-in-law