Notice to AIIMS-Patna director for violating quota policy
Patna: The central government has issued a show cause notice to the director of AIIMS-Patna for violating the reservation policy in recruiting faculty for six new premier medical institutes in the country last year, an official said Saturday.
GK Singh, director, All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Patna, has been charged with violating the reservation policy in faculty recruitment, flaunting financial rules in recruitment through outsourcing and irregular engagement of personnel at the institute in his capacity as the head of a six-member selection panel.
"Singh has been asked to reply to the show cause notice by March 21," said an official at AIIMS Patna.
He said the action follows charges of violations levelled last year by a parliamentary committee on OBCs.
Later, a three member inquiry committee of the ministry of health and family welfare found merit in the allegations.
The selection committee headed by Singh had recruited 546 faculty members across six new institutes in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!