Police jeep driver killed, 2 cops injured
Bhagalpur: The driver of a mobile police jeep was killed and two policemen were seriously injured in a mishap near Makanpur chowk in Bihar`s Navgachhia police district, a police officer said.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Shekhar Kumar said that a mobile police jeep with three cops rammed into a stationary tractor after the driver Md. Ahsad Ahmed dozed off resulting in serious injuries to all three.
The injured policemen were brought to the Jawahar Lal Nehru Hospital where the attending doctors declared Ahmed as brought, he said.
The condition of two injured cops, one of whom identified as Inspector Ramvijay Singh, was stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered