Super 30 wins laurel again, 27 out of 30 qualifies for IITs
Patna: Keeping up its reputation, Super 30 of mathematician Anand Kumar has again excelled in JEE advance result which was declared today with 27 out of its 30 students, all from poor background cracking the exam.
Among the successful ,this year, are children of cobbler,roadside vendors and grocer.
With tears in his eyes, Sunil son of a daily wager from Sanda who qualified for IIT said "what Anand Sir is doing for the poor is something only messiah can do. I will try to follow in his footsteps."
Dhananjay Kumar`s grocer father due to poverty wanted him to sit in the shop. Determined to study, he would save money while purchasing vegetables from wholesale market to purchase books and study during free time.
Passion drove him to steal Rs 50 to purchase application form of Super 30 and the rest is history.
Misfortune struck Mani Ram Singh, a boy from Bijnaru in Uttar Pradesh whose farm labourer father could not afford treatment of paralytic strike.
"I knew there was not much I could do for my physical disability, but still I wanted to study. However, continuing education was a big ask as I could not think of going beyond a local government school," he said.
Sudhir from Nalanda district, too, recalls, how he used to sit with his cobbler father to help him.
"One day, I polished shoes of a man and when I asked for money, he abused me and walked away. I was angry but my father told me to calm down and said that the best way to take revenge was to acquire real power through education,"he said.
Experiencing acute poverty in his student days, which prevented him from going to Cambridge University for higher education, Anand Kumar made his life a mission to help wards of humble background of his Super 30 realise their deams.
Launched in 2001, 308 students from Super 30 have made it to IIT out of 360 who appeared from the institution so far, a statement from Super 30 said.
Discovery channel shot a film on Super 30. Al Zajeera, NHK (Japan), French TV, Chinese TV, Miss Norieka Fujiwara have special show on his achievements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore