Sushil Modi describes Sharad Yadav as his `political guru`
Patna: Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Friday described JD-U president Sharad Yadav as his "political guru".
"I respect Sharad Yadav as my political guru," Sushil Modi said while speaking in the Legislative Council regretting yesterday`s clash.
Speaking about his relation with senior politicians, Modi said he had personal and political association with Nitish Kumar, Lalu Prasad and Ramvilas Paswan for over 40 years since college days when they were engaged in politics.
Sushil Modi had yesterday accused Nitish Kumar of "instigating" JD(U) members to pick a fight with BJP members in the Upper House of Bihar Legislature yesterday.
Sources close to the BJP leader later told a section of media that the JD(U) president had played an important role in making Sushil Modi the Deputy Chief Minister during over seven years of NDA rule in Bihar.
The JD (U) chief was convenor of NDA at the national level.
Sharad Yadav had also asked Sushil Modi to return to state politics in 2005 and play a major role as Deputy to Nitish Kumar, who served as Chief Minister, the sources said.
Sushil Modi was member of Parliament from Bhagalpur during 2005 which he resigned later. He became member of Legislative Council like Nitish Kumar after NDA assumed power in November 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt