Tuition fee hike by pvt schools questioned
Patna: Ruling NDA members in the Bihar
assembly today raised the issue of alleged arbitrary increase
in tuition fee by private schools in the state and demanded
that the government take immediate steps to constitute a
committee to curb this.
JD(U) member Manjit Kumar Singh raised the issue
during zero hour and demanded that the state government bring
a private school fees control bill.
He was soon joined by JD(U) and BJP colleagues who
stood up in their seats.
As the din continued Congress MLA Sadanand Singh
said earlier a house committee had been constituted to look
into the arbitrary fee hike by private schools.
After din for a brief period Speaker Uday Narayan
Choudhary said he was taking cognizance of the matter which
would be looked into keeping in mind the sentiments of the
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception