Tuition fee hike by pvt schools questioned
Patna: Ruling NDA members in the Bihar
assembly today raised the issue of alleged arbitrary increase
in tuition fee by private schools in the state and demanded
that the government take immediate steps to constitute a
committee to curb this.
JD(U) member Manjit Kumar Singh raised the issue
during zero hour and demanded that the state government bring
a private school fees control bill.
He was soon joined by JD(U) and BJP colleagues who
stood up in their seats.
As the din continued Congress MLA Sadanand Singh
said earlier a house committee had been constituted to look
into the arbitrary fee hike by private schools.
After din for a brief period Speaker Uday Narayan
Choudhary said he was taking cognizance of the matter which
would be looked into keeping in mind the sentiments of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport