Joe Root is willing to bat anywhere in the order to help England claw their way back from a 1-0 deficit in the Ashes series against Australia, the youngster said on Sunday.
Australia batsman Chris Rogers is aware he does not have the luxury of too many failures at the top of the order and is hopeful of returning among runs in this week`s second test in Adelaide.
Coach Darren Lehmann on Friday said there will be no let-up as Australia continues its aggressive in-your-face cricket against England in the current Ashes Test series.
Australia coach Darren Lehmann added fuel to the fiery Ashes series on Friday by urging Australia fans to keep the heat on England and said he wanted his own team to continue playing "aggressive, in-your-face" cricket.
Australia coach Darren Lehmann has rejected the idea of a meeting with England counterpart Andy Flower to set some sledging ground rules ahead of the second Ashes Test in Adelaide.
During the overwhelmingly sympathetic reaction to England batsman Jonathan Trott`s decision to quit the Ashes tour of Australia suffering from a "stress-related illness", a theme has emerged.
England`s main tormentor in the first Ashes Test Mitchell Johnson says that he was shocked to hear of Jonathan Trott`s stress-related illness.
Veteran Australian paceman Ryan Harris has said that the feeling he and his teammates got when Mitchell Johnson took the last wicket, that officially sealed their win at the Gabba Test, was a special moment for all of them, for which they had been waiting for a long time.
Under a blow-torch of criticism after their humbling in humid Brisbane, England`s beaten cricket team will seek respite from a tempestuous Ashes series in the most unlikely of places.
Spin great Shane Warne says a threat by Jimmy Anderson to punch debutant George Bailey sparked the furious reaction by Australian skipper Michael Clarke in the first Test against England.
Australia captain Michael Clarke has been fined 20 per cent of his match fee for breaching the ICC Code of Conduct during the first Ashes Test against England in Brisbane.
Australian skipper Michael Clarke insists there is no animosity with England despite the final day of the first Test turning nasty with tailender James Anderson warned to expect a broken arm.
Hotheaded Australia batsman David Warner concedes he overstepped the mark in sledging England, and Jonathan Trott in particular, during the first Ashes Test.
Australia coach Darren Lehmann has warned England that paceman Mitchell Johnson could fire again in the second Ashes test next week, even if the Adelaide Oval serves up a relatively docile surface.
England captain Alastair Cook believes his team need to channel the spirit of last year`s sensational comeback in India if they are to battle back from a first Test defeat against Australia.
- Delhi deputy CM Manish Sisodia calls Anna Hazare 'fraud'
- Yogi effect: Wearing saffron outfit is the latest trend in UP
- Don't make triple talaq a political issue, appeals PM Modi
- How long will the triple talaq issue continue to bother Muslims?
- Are the youth in Kashmir forced to join terror forces? Terrorist bears all
- Watch: PM Modi addresses people at International Basavanna Convention
- Raid in retired colonel's house in Meerut; firearms, animal skin, 1 crore cash recovered
- DNA: Analysing the harmful effects of plastic toys
- Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement over Kashmir issue
- Enough is enough: Video of CRPF soldier seeking revenge for Sukma martyrs goes viral
- DNA: Sudden rise in demand for nuclear shelters in Japan - Are they feeling threatened?
- DNA: Analysing how petrol pumps are making frauds on measurements
- DNA: How villagers bid adieu to Sukma attack martyr Banna Ram
- Huge crowd gathers to pay last respects to 24-year-old martyr Capt Ayush Yadav
- Kashmir violence: Centre refuses to talk to Kashmiri separatist leaders
- 7th Pay Commission: Report on allowances submitted- Finance Ministry statement
- Is Dawood Ibrahim dead? Chhota Shakeel reveals about underworld don's health
- IPL 2017: Ever seen MS Dhoni swing this hard? Here's what happened to the ball — WATCH
- 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' makes history, becomes first film to enter Rs 100 crore club on Day 1
- IPL 2017: Jasprit Bumrah hunts down Lions in their own den, as Mumbai beat Gujarat in Super Over – Watch Video
- Retd Colonel's residence raided in Meerut; 50,000 cartridges, 40 rifles, pistols, Rs 1 cr cash, 117 kg meat seized
- Anna Hazare called 'BJP Agent' on Twitter, Manish Sisodia retweets it
- GL vs MI: 1 run needed from 1 ball, and then 'game-changer' Ravindra Jadeja shows his master-class – Watch Video
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion – Check out final opening day breakup at Box Office
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion - SS Rajamouli's magnum opus takes Box Office by storm, shatters all records
- Bizarre! Girl's 'two-faced' mirror reflection creates sensation on social media – See pic
- Bollywood diva Disha Patani rates Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh on a scale of 1 to 10 – Watch Video
- If there's a referendum in Balochistan, people will vote for India, says top Baloch leader
- India contributes to UN Peace Keeping Force in Cyprus: PM Narendra Modi
- Hitting the roof: Rahul Tripathi welcomes Sreenath Aravind in Pune with monster six — VIDEO