Uproar in Bihar Houses over terror attacks, crime
Patna: Both the Houses of Bihar Legislature today witnessed strong protests against Nitish Kumar government from opposition BJP and RJD over terrorist attacks in the state besides law and order issue forcing calling off its proceedings for the day.
As the Legislative Assembly sat for the day, opposition BJP and RJD members trooped into the Well demanding suspension of all business and discussion on terrorists attack at a rally of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and also at Bodh Gaya.
When Leader of Opposition Nand Kishore Yadav demand for accepting adjournment motion first, failed to win Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary consent, the BJP and RJD members trooped into the Well and chanted anti-government slogans.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was present in the House when opposition members were shouting slogans against him and demanding his resignation.
When all persuasions to restore normalcy failed, Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary first adjourned the House till noon.
As the House reassembled, the BJP and RJD members continued with the protest after which the House was adjourned till 2 PM. The scene was no better after recess as the opposition continued their protest and not allowing any business in the House forcing the Chair to call off the proceedings for the day.
Similar was the situation in the Bihar Legislative Council. Where BJP under leadership of former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi trooped into well and forced adjournment of the House for the day.
Later, talking to reporters in his Assembly chamber after first Adjournment of the state Assembly, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar told reporters "it is fashionable for the Opposition to do such things on the opening day of House."
Brushing aside allegations of the opposition, he said "they have no issue and disrupted House out of fashion to do so on the opening day."
Kumar took potshots at unity between BJP and RJD and said while the latter had the mandate for this the former was belaying the support people had given to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state